Thursday, January 10, 2013

NEW YEAR, NEW RULES, NEW BLOG!

It's been a long time again.  I have to get this into my regular routine, especially since I have several other plans for some blog and website submissions.  Anyway, GREETINGS!  With the coming of 2013 I hope the new year finds you all well.  This guy, had a pretty excellent 2012.  Considering I hadn't posted on here since 2011, I have a feeling this will change.

Last year, I continued classes @ Edison Community College so I get into the swing of things.  I'm currently taking classes to finish up a Systems Administrator Degree which I already had a start on previously.  As well as pursuing Web Design Certificate, in classic RKelbel form, Edison cancelled the Web Design Program from under my feet.  Having gotten a good feel for it and excited to work with digital media in general I'm continuing to pursue this as a career as well.  Taking whatever is available to me at Edison still while it's offered and then plan to move to another school after this is gone.  Hopefully by this time my Admin degree will be almost done or could be transferred as well.  The nice thing  is Edison is the same place Microsoft offers it's certification tests and classes so it's convenient.

Outside of school, I started to feel really good about my digital media work I was doing, videos, photoshop, and graphics.  My writing was really feeling good, creativity seems to be moving, I get a cramp in it from time to time but I'm really feeling like I'm hitting a stride I've never had before.  My wife and I are having a good time, enjoying life, friends, family and each other.  We are trying to get the house stuff together still, since we haven't really had time to do any work to this house in about a year so things are starting to move forward on that front.  On top of that just having fun with friends doing project, putting costumes together for Halloween  traveled to Dallas, TX which was amazing.  I got to go the Cowboys Stadium, and see the Cowboys play at home in person!  Amazing!  We did a ton of other stuff, maybe I'll go back and mention at some point,  went out to some great bars, and got some good beers.  Most importantly Aimee and I got to go see a friend that lives in Dallas who I've not seen in years.  It was a TON of fun to go see her and hang out again.  

On the creativity front, I wrote a Batman fan film, which was a lot of fun and I really loved everything about that.  It hasn't been shared around on social media as of yet because I'm waiting on some details with that for now.  May be releasing it to a competition or two before I put it out to YouTube.  I have some ideas for some follow up episodes to it, may turn it into webisodes.  As well as writing some fan film trailers as well, and a original character short film.  Along with that, I'm hoping to start working with some friends on other projects, like podcasting, comic books, and YouTube advertising.  Along with all of that, I want to get my business together for web designing and social media management.  This was a random amount of thoughts with almost no structure, as I've mentioned before I write these by stream of consciousnesses   Anyway, BIG plans for 2013, no more fear, no more excuses!  Time to start doing the things I've always said I can't do or don't have time to do starting this year.  My wife is awesome and so encouraging I couldn't be doing any of this stuff without her, so thank you for being there for me Aimee.  Right now we are on opposing schedules for work.  Hopefully that will change soon, which I think will only strengthen our relationship and the support between the two of us.    Anyways, guys... I'll get back with you soon, time to get this party started.

P.S. I think the original point of this blog, is starting to take shape... I've been using my facebook and twitter account as small versions of blog posts, 140 characters at a time.  Now it's time to start utilize this as well.

Same bat time, same bat channel,
-RKelbel

No comments:

Post a Comment